I thought that if we're going to be hanging out together then it might be nice to get to know each other a bit better so here are 18 Random Facts about me:
1. I've lived in 25 different houses (not including boarding school) in the last 42 years, and 5 different countries (7 if you include Scotland and 3 months in New Zealand).
2. My husband is a Kiwi, I'm English - we met in Hong Kong - what can I say, when it's meant to be it's meant to be. We currently live in the UK but both have gypsy souls so who knows where we might end up in the future.
3. I'm an introvert, a Taurean, a Rabbit in Chinese astrology, an INFJ, a mum/daughter/sister/wife/friend, and a Feminist - I don't mind labels, they're just words.
4. I was once Enya's hand double in a video (don't blink, that's my hand at 6 seconds in, opening the curtain). I also once wore a white rubber dress and giant angel wings for a Terrorvision music video - it's a long story and involved a lot of talcum powder to get into that dress!
5. One of my dreams is to spend an entire summer in a Villa in Italy writing and eating amazing food. Another is to sail the Greek islands...I've got a lot of adventures still ahead and the're all written down in my 40 After 40 Plan.
6. I love good food but am allergic to Gluten, have a dairy intolerance, gave up alcohol at 20 (trust me, it was a good move), and have been a pescatarian since I was 15. Yep, I am definitely top of everyone's list of most perfect dinner party guest...but I seriously love food, which is why I like to invite others over and cook for them. It also suits my introvert nature so win-win!
7. I contracted Dengue Fever when I lived in Fiji - I don't recommend it, it's pretty hideous...although the morphine wasn't bad!
8. I cry anytime I watch a competition on television - yes really! Masterchef, The Voice, even the Boat Race - I always cry when people achieve their dreams, or make a mistake trying to, or if they cry...I might actually be welling up a bit just writing this.
Enjoy the moments...for that's what a life is truly made of
9. I hate shopping malls and busy highstreets, I suck as a shopping buddy, unless you want to go to a bookstore...then I am like the queen of shopping.
10. I regularly get uncontrollable laughing fits. Usually over very silly things. My eyes water, my stomach hurts, I sometimes have to leave the room to calm down. My children think it's hilarious.
11. I love road trips, especially spontaneous ones with my husband. The excitement of now knowing what you might discover never gets old.
12. My favourite sound is cicadas at night, closely followed by babies laughing and the sound of the waves.
13. I really love animals. Especially dogs. And elephants. And orangutans. And dolphins...Okay, like I said, I really love animals!
14. I have a small tattoo of the outline of an elephant on my shoulder. It's blue. I call him Flump and he was my 18th birthday present to myself.
15. I've only been in love twice. Or maybe I should say that I've been lucky enough to be in love twice.
16. I never wanted to get married but I'm forever grateful that my husband changed my mind.
17. I am a bookaholic. I usually have at least 2 books on the go at the same time (1 fiction and 1 non-fiction). And before you ask, no I don't have a favourite book - it would be like asking me to pick a favourite child!
18. Even if I won millions on the lottery I would still write everyday and do this work...I would just do it from a house on the beach!